Thursday, 3 August 2017

I just realized that I have been delinquent with my posts. Lucille had an appointment at Sick Kids at the beginning of June. It's now August and I totally forgot to send an update about it. Well, here it is, finally!

Lucille and I had a super fun day together going to her appointment. This trip was totally different from others, primarily because we didn't have to bring so much stuff. I'm not pumping anymore and Lucille is eating regular food. So, unencumbered by a breast pump, bottles, and accessories, I decided we could take the Go Train instead of driving.

Lucille's appointment was at 9am, so we took the train from Aldershot with all the commuters. The hour long trip went by in a flash with Lucille staring out the window, making train noises at every passing train, and looking for ducks every time we passed by any body of water.



From Union Station, we took the TTC to the hospital. I had the diaper bag strapped onto my back and Lucille in the front carrier. It worked out great to do it that way and meant I didn't have to navigate the stairs with a stroller!

As is usual with these appointments, you spend most of your time getting to the city and then barely any time at the hospital. Lucille had her hearing tested and a very quick appointment with the Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon. No concerns with her hearing and she may or may not still have the tubes in (they couldn't tell because of wax in her ears). Overall, it was a quick appointment but for all the right reasons.

I decided to walk to Union from the hospital instead of taking the subway, as it was a gorgeous day. Lucille fell asleep in the carrier on the way down and then slept for half of the train trip home.

We had a lot of fun together. Looking forward to taking her on the train again - hopefully the next trip will include a visit to the Rogers Center for a Blue Jays game!

No comments:

Post a Comment